NEWs and UpComing Events
- Click here to see a list of the current SevierARC Presidency.
- We offer testing sessions whenever the need arises. No need to wait for an official testing session. Simply contact us and we will set up a testing session for you. Also, we can provide training classes whenever there is enough interest. We do a formal class for those desiring to get their first licenses once per year, but we can do them more often as needed.
- Ham radio to the rescue! Click HERE to read the amazing story of how ham radio was used to save a life!
- We typically offer Technician ham classes once per year, usually in the Fall. Please contact Scott or Shalice Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 435-612-0330 if you would like to participate in a ham class. We also teach General classes as needed.
- We have several trainings throughout the year, both on and off the Net. If you need help with setting up equipment, radio programming and usage, antennae, general questions, etc., then please give us a call. We have many experts who can help you.
- We are in the news! In November, 2013, the Richfield Reaper and our local radio station highlighted the events of Sevierarc over the past four years. Click on this link to see the newspaper article:
- Since we started in November 2009, we have had a total of 4,859 check-ins, 1,204 of them this year.
- By June of 2010, we provided an "Emergency Guideline" that will help establish communication during a major event for us and any interested Public Service group.
- Our weekly email goes out to at least 94 interested individuals.
- We have about 60 active members who check in regularly and over 90 that have participated at one time or another.
- We have taught classes for over 300 people and licensed or upgraded approximately 200 radio operators since 2009.
- We have consulted with several Cities in Sevier County to help them identify Radios and installations that will communicate with Amateur as well as Public Service equipment during an Emergency.
- This year, we were able to work with the Utah Department of Health to provide License classes, testing and again, equipment recommendations covering 6 different Medical Facilities in Central Utah.
- With the help of Monroe City, we have held several "Open Shacks" that allow us to demonstrate equipment and answer questions about Ham Radio in a group environment. The Community Center has been a great place for this, Thank you Monroe City!
- In 2012 we had a Sevier Amateur Radio Club float in Monroe's 24th of July parade. Over a loudspeaker for the crowd to hear, we established communication using a 5 watt hand-held radio and IRLP (Internet Radio Linking Project) with a Mobile Ham Operator in Carlsbad, California. Yes, a 5 watt walkie-talkie all the way to the California Coast!
- Tuesday - 20:00 SDARC Club Net on 146.86 repeater PL100.
- Thursday - 18:30 Sevier County Amateur Radio Club Net on 146.64 repeater PL100.
- Saturday - 8:00 SDARC HF Net on 3.828Mhz.
- Sunday - 20:00 Skyline Radio Club Net on 146.86 repeater PL100.
- Statewide RACES VHF Net is held on the third Thursday of even numbered months from 20:00-21:00 on 146.86 repeater PL100.
- Statewide RACES HF Net is held on the third Saturday of odd numbered months at 08:00 on 3920Khz. Only RACES members with a General license or above, or those with a control operator present - that has a General license or above - are authorized to transmit on this Net.
Copyright © 2013-19 www.sevierarc.org. All Rights Reserved.